Back pain is one of the most common concerns for patients visiting their doctors. Most people will experience low back pain at some point in their lifetime. The causes vary - from acute sprains caused by injuries on the playground to long-term degenerative diseases caused by a variety of factors.
Follow these tips to keep your back healthy:-
- Strengthen your core muscles:-Your lower back is under tension to support your entire upper body. The muscles around your back need to be toned to support your spine and reduce pressure on your lower back. Our core muscles are rarely used during everyday activities, so they need to be toned through specific, targeted exercises. This can be accomplished through simple exercises that do not take too much time.
- Stretch:-Many problems of back pain are due to tightness of muscles. If your back muscles are tight, they will put extra pressure on the entire spine, including the joints. Make a habit of daily stretches to boost your spinal health.
- Avoid sitting in bad posture:-The discs in your lower spine are overloaded even more with poor sitting posture than standing. If you have to sit for long periods of time, get up and take an intermittent walk.
- Walk:-Walking is very safe and good exercise. Brisk walking at work or outside will help you maintain an appropriate weight.
- Lift correctly:-It is very easy to twist the wrong way which can lead to muscle cramps and pain. Use proper body mechanics and get help if the object is heavy.
- Sleep well:-Sleeping on your back also puts pressure on your spine. Elevating the knees slightly by placing a pillow under them or lying on your side with a pillow between your knees helps reduce the pressure.
- Watch your weight:-Excess weight puts pressure on your back. To compensate for the extra weight, the spine can become bent and disproportionately tense. The back may lose its proper support and develop an unnatural curvature of the spine over time.
- Quit smoking:-Smoking restricts blood flow to the discs that cushion your vertebrae and can lead to accelerated disc degeneration. Smoking also reduces calcium absorption and new bone growth, which increases the risk of osteoporotic fractures.
Even with the best prevention, back injuries can occur and disrupt daily life to the point where intervention is necessary. The Dr. SumitZ Clinic provides an integrated, multidisciplinary approach to orthopedic issues and also gives physiotherapy treatments. When surgery is necessary, highly experienced neurosurgical and orthopedic surgical teams are on hand with the most advanced technology to offer appropriate surgical treatment.
So, if you are suffering from any orthopedic or physiotherapy issues, you can Contact Dr. SumitZ Clinic which is the best physiotherapy center in Baner.