Booking a visit
- Mon-Sun 09:00 AM - 09:30 PM
Phone: +91 9545559434
What happens to my bones according to my age?
In childhood and adolescence, most of our bone growth and bone solidity occur. By the age of 18, girls reach their utmost bone solidity. For boys, it is up to the age of 20 years. In middle age, it is necessary to maintain bone density and try to slow the rate of bone loss. As we get older, the density of our body bones decreases. After menopause, women are particularly at risk of osteoporosis.
How Can I Keep My Bones Strong?
- Consume enough nutrients to keep your bones strong
Potassium, vitamin K and magnesium help your body consume and use calcium. Get these important nutrients by eating healthy foods like vegetables and fruits, legumes (beans, peas, lentils), nuts, seeds, whole grains, and fish. Protein helps build muscle, which helps to keep bones strong. Eat protein-rich foods such as meat, poultry, fish, shellfish, legumes (beans, peas, lentils), nuts, and seeds.
- Keep Your Caffeine Consumption Limited
Consuming too much caffeine can reduce the amount of calcium you absorb. Do not exceed 500mg of caffeine per day for adults (about 2-3 cups of coffee per day). Pregnant and lactating women should not have more than 300 mg of caffeine per day.
- Do not consume Alcohol
Drinking alcohol can cause bone loss. If you drink, there are no more than 2-3 drinks per day.
- Quit Smoking to keep your bones strong
If you smoke, you may be at greater risk of rapid bone loss and bone fractures than non-smokers.
- Regularly Indulge in physical activities to keep your Bone strong
Set a goal to be active for at least 150 minutes each week. Here are some remedies to help keep your bones strong. Try:
- Weight-bearing exercises such as running, walking, hiking, low-impact aerobics, dance, tennis, and golf.
- Resistive activities such as lifting weights or push-ups help build muscles that keep your bones strong.
- Stretching exercises like yoga and tai chi help improve balance and coordination, which will reduce the risk of bones falling and breaking.
If you are looking for Bone surgery or you are facing any problems regarding your Bones then you can Contact Dr.SumitZ Clinic is the best clinic in Pune, Balewadi.